Are you planning on going on a vacation? If so, then you need to make sure to pack properly. Packing the right things, in the right order, can make your trip not only easier but also far less chaotic. Here are the commandments that you must make sure to adhere to when it comes to packing for your next vacation.
Thou Shalt Not….
- Forget to Pack Your Passport! If you forget this, you may be in quite a predicament. Not only could you struggle to get where you are going, but also struggle to get back home!
- Forget to Pack Your Daily Essentials! You need specific things to survive each day. Make a list and check them off, one-by-one, as you put them in your suitcase.
- Pack Unnecessary Items! You only have so much space, so use each square inch wisely.
- Forget to Check the Weather At Your Destination! Forgetting to look at what the weather should be like where you are going could be disastrous, and could mean you will be spending a lot of money on new clothing. Always check before you depart!
- Forget to Plan Ahead of Unexpected Events! You have to consider things that may come up while you are on vacation. Plan an extra nice outfit in case you go out, or an umbrella in case it rains. Just be prepared!
- Forget You will Likely Be Bringing Home More Than You Left With! One thing you need to make sure you prepare for is the influx of gifts you may buy while away. Save room in your suitcase or carry-on!
- Forget to Be Respectful of Local Cultures While On Vacation! This could make your trip miserable for both you and those around you. Make sure you read up on the customs of where you are going, so you don’t accidentally insult your host country.
- Pack Too Much! Packing too much is just a waste of time, and is going to leave you with a backache. Don’t pack things you don’t need; period.
- Pack Items That Are Prohibited! Packing items that are simply not allowed is a waste, too. They will get thrown out, or worse, slow down your ability to travel at all!
- Forget to Make a List! Make a list of everything you need, and check it off as you pack. Then pack that list, so you can do the same when it’s time to return home!