At Total Storage Self-Storage, we want to make your storage experience as easy as possible. We have moving boxes and supplies for self storage on hand so you don’t have to worry about making extra trips around Winnipeg to find them!
We offer moving boxes, locks, bubble wrap, wardrobe boxes and many other packing supplies, while our on-site storage consultant can advise you on how to best maximize your storage unit and moving experience.
Here are a few storage ideas to consider that will ensure your belongings are properly and safely stored and help you maximize every bit of your storage space.
- Always wrap fragile items to avoid breakage. Label boxes “FRAGILE” on all sides
- Place all boxes containing fragile items together.
- Number each box and clearly label each box with the contents – if storage is short term before a move, add which room the box is to end up in.
- When transporting and storing boxes, do not stack too high. Keep at least 18” away from sprinkler heads in storage units.
- Cover your large furniture. Sofas and loveseats can be stored on end to save space.
- Pictures & mirrors should be wrapped in mirror crates and stacked on end.
- Tables with legs should be taken apart to save space.
- Organize your units so you can easily access items that are readily needed.
- Use space as best you can. Use the height as well as the width. This could save money as you might need a smaller unit.
- Do not over pack moving boxes!
- Make an inventory of all stored items and keep it in a safe place.